Shorts...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Janster

Janster

...I purchased a box of blank "shorts" and this was in the mix! I did not use the clip on this Caballero from Smitty. The blank looked good but as I turned it I noticed a hole clear down to the tube near one end on the upper section, hmmmm. A opportunity has been presented and I opted to include a Swarovski Crystal! Be well.....Jan

Attachments

• DSC_0130.jpg
    DSC_0130.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC_0131.jpg
    DSC_0131.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 288
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
...I purchased a box of blank "shorts" and this was in the mix! I did not use the clip on this Caballero from Smitty. The blank looked good but as I turned it I noticed a hole clear down to the tube near one end on the upper section, hmmmm. A opportunity has been presented and I opted to include a Swarovski Crystal! Be well.....Jan
Hey, Ya done good Jan.

sbwertz

Not a flaw, it's a feature!

By the way, this phrase comes from an early Microsoft press release, where someone had complained about a bug in an early version of Windows. Microsoft replied "That's not a flaw, it's a feature." It has become a catchphrase in the industry.

Last edited:

walshjp17

By the way, this phrase comes from an early Microsoft press release, where someone had complained about a bug in an early version of Windows. Microsoft replied "That's not a flaw, it's a feature." It has become a catchphrase in the industry.

Actually, Sharon, the first use seems to be from Usenet in '84. From Wikipedia (THE most accurate journal in the world :wink:):

In other cases, software bugs are referred to jokingly as undocumented features. ("It's not a bug; it's an undocumented feature!") [2] This usage may have been popularised in some of Microsoft's responses to bug reports for its first Word for Windows product,[3] but doesn't originate there. The oldest surviving reference on Usenet (https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!original/net.bugs.uucp/8-6IxzIxeZQ/2oKU6_gX9kwJ) dates to 5 March 1984.[4] Between 1969 and 1972, Sandy Mathes, a systems programmer for PDP-8 software at Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) in Maynard, MA, used the terms "bug" and "feature" in her reporting of test results to distinguish between undocumented actions of delivered software products that were unacceptable and tolerable, respectively. This usage may have been perpetuated.[5]

Last edited:

Janster

Actually, Sharon, the first use seems to be from Usenet in '84. From Wikipedia (THE most accurate journal in the world :wink:):

In other cases, software bugs are referred to jokingly as undocumented features. ("It's not a bug; it's an undocumented feature!") [2] This usage may have been popularised in some of Microsoft's responses to bug reports for its first Word for Windows product,[3] but doesn't originate there. The oldest surviving reference on Usenet (https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!original/net.bugs.uucp/8-6IxzIxeZQ/2oKU6_gX9kwJ) dates to 5 March 1984.[4] Between 1969 and 1972, Sandy Mathes, a systems programmer for PDP-8 software at Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) in Maynard, MA, used the terms "bug" and "feature" in her reporting of test results to distinguish between undocumented actions of delivered software products that were unacceptable and tolerable, respectively. This usage may have been perpetuated.[5]

...and now folks, "You know the REST of the story"....Good day!

Top Bottom