Shortened Sierra Clicks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hilltopper46

hilltopper46

I just completed a custom order for two shortened Sierra click pens. I am really happy with the way they turned out. The shorter click seems to feel more solid and less noisy, and it makes a nice compact pen.

1_pen360.jpg

The top one is Wenge on 'standard' chrome hardware.

The bottom one is antler on two-tone chrome hardware.
1_pen358.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

That is the way I am going to do the next click Sierra pen, do you know the perfect length for the shortened tube?

Great work on both pens!

hilltopper46

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Liggett, Arizona Silhouette has a little information on their instruction page that recommends 1.882 inches overall length. It can actually be just a bit longer than that, by .010 or so.

hughbie

i've shortened about 6 of the sierra click pens so far.
for some reason, i've not written down the exact length....but i DO measure the length of the 'spacer' and then mark a line on the tube at that distance and then cut and deburr
IMO - the shorter pen is more balanced and just overall feels better in the hand

OldWrangler

I shorten most of the ones I make. I cut the tube to 1.90". Works fine and mostly, no spacer to get lost or thrown away. And the shorter pen has good balance and doesn't rattle like the longer version.

Texatdurango

Yes it does, but it also eliminates being able to use a rollerball refill.
Steve, I'd hate to see potential pen makers getting bad info, this is not quite true, the shorter click pen just won''t accept the longer rollerball refills but will still accept what I believe are called the "Parker style" refills. I have used several generic rollerball refills in mine including the Schneider Gelion refills and currently have a geniune Parker Gel rollerball refill in my daily user and really like the way it writes.

I decided the hassle of keeping up with the little spacer or having the customer keep up with the spacer wasn't worth the ability of using two lengths of refills so I opted for the shorter version since rolleball refills are readily available for them.

M

Mudder

Steve, I'd hate to see potential pen makers getting bad info, this is not quite true, the shorter click pen just won''t accept the longer rollerball refills but will still accept what I believe are called the "Parker style" refills. I have used several generic rollerball refills in mine including the Schneider Gelion refills and currently have a geniune Parker Gel rollerball refill in my daily user and really like the way it writes.

I decided the hassle of keeping up with the little spacer or having the customer keep up with the spacer wasn't worth the ability of using two lengths of refills so I opted for the shorter version since rolleball refills are readily available for them.

I think it's an error in terms.

The sierra click was designed to use a Uni-Ball refill.
If you shorten the pen the Uni-Ball will no longer work but the "Parker" style will be ok.

Top Bottom