Shop Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from adirondak5

adirondak5

I needed a nice heavy pencil for the shop so I turned this today , this is the PSI work shop pencil kit , I wasn't thrilled with gluing on end cap coupler to the mechanism tube but it seems to hold it securely . I used Wenge for the barrels .
EEE , MM to 12000 , sealer , friction polish , carnuba

JyrzJDF.png

NoLb67F.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

adirondak5

Very nicely done looks great

Thanks camb :)

I didn't like gluing on the cap either. For future reference, the one piece sketch pencils from Exotic and Wood Turners catalog are very nice. No gluing

Thanks for the tip , placing an order now . The PSI pencil isn't bad but if I knew about the glue on cap I probably wouldn't have made that purchase . Live and learn :)

adirondak5

Well , thanks to stuckinohio's recommendation , I did order the sketch pencil kit from ExoticBlanks , I also ordered an acrylic blank to go with it , same blank as the catalog picture , black ribbon on yellow . I figured it looked good in the picture , nice bright color , should be easy to spot in the shop . The sketch pencil kit IMO is a better build than the PSI kit , and the blank turned great and looks pretty good . I'll probably gift the PSI pencil , this one I'm keeping for me :biggrin:

YCBbJ7Q.png

FpZXTW7.png

GuWojHJ.png

adirondak5

Well , the kids (grand children) saw the sketch pencil with the yellow black ribbon AA blank , so now I have 5 more to make for Christmas gifts for them , 6 altogether but I have one made already , ordered more kits , blanks , and color leads to go with them . I did have an extra kit from my last order but I still want one in my shop so I turned a piece of birdseye for that one . Maybe I won't show this one to anybody :biggrin:

Here's the Birdseye next to the AA

M8GxEH8.png

m2QA050.png

Top Bottom