Shockwave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

Here is a beta test for a new design I was working on. It's very cool although it's more suitable for one piece pens. It gives an optical illusion of a vortex within a tube. I like it very much. It's a great design for a pen like this as it looks like a recoil shockwave from the bullet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Nice pen !!! Who made it for you??:biggrin:

Isn't it supposed to work where WE tell YOU that it's very cool or a great design, rather than the other way round??:confused:

Just rattling your cage buddy..It really is pretty cool !!:biggrin:

TurtleTom

I'm with Skiprat on this one, the artist isn't allowed to declare his own work as cool.
No matter how wonderfully cool you pen really is,and how much it surprised you when it turned out as cool.
I would have loved to be the fly on your wall when you made this, I'm still scratching my head on this one. I love it. Kinda makes me yearn to see yonder side though, is it symmetrical?

workinforwood

I have like ocd so I think I am my best critic!

It's is totally perfect symmetry. It took a few hrs to draw it out, then I did a mirror image, so it's technically 2 identical halved stitched together. The machining time was 4.25 hrs.

I am at work so no great place or lighting for photos, but here's what the backside looks like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 136

workinforwood

It is acrylic only. Totally seem less inlay. The kit, well we do not want to open up that can of worms again! But I can say it was nice not having to build the kit like I did before it was a kit :/

TurtleTom

At his website, see link below the photo, he discusses his state of the art CNC equipment.
So, I'm guessing here now, CNC out all the parts that are black and fill the voids with black. Someone else might have a better grasp of the process.

Top Bottom