SHOCK ABSORBER PENS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ted iin Michigan

Here's the pics I said I'd post today after I completed the 2.

Observations: Easy to make/assemble. Small required blank allows you to use cutoffs from other pens. REALLY unusual. Not particularly comfortable in the hand. Bet htey sell well at my Detroit show in Nov.

Attachments

• shock absorber black.jpg
    shock absorber black.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 418
  • two shock absorber pens.jpg
    two shock absorber pens.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 323
  • shock absorber swirl.jpg
    shock absorber swirl.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 268
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick P

Hey Ted when/where is the Detroit show? I will be in state for most of the month and it would be nice to say hello and see what others are doing within the form.

Great job turning the kit!

Rick - The Detroit show (the one I'll be at) is the Saturday after Thanksgiving (Nov 26, I believe). It's called the Elf Shelf and is held at Troy HS.

Rick P

I'll have to check with the wife but thats when we will be in the Detroit area..........I think Troy is very near her mom. She is in Hazel park?

Anyway my hunt will be over and I will need a distraction form the fact I am in Detroit. Maybe we'll see you there.

76winger

As a former mechanic I find these pens very interesting, but as someone who's writing more and more and time goes on I wouldn't want to use one. They don't look like they'd be very comfortable in the hand, yet they've got a nice novelty appeal.

W.Y.

Great work on those Ted.
I have seen a few of them posted here and there lately and did not realize they were a kit until I picked up my Penn State Industries Woodturning catalog in the mail today .

They are quite unique and should be a hit amoung mechanics wheteher professional or shade tree ones.

t001xa22

I like those pens for their uniqueness, but I can't help but wonder how they would feel after some writing time.

BTW, Mr. Young, I wanted to thank you for your tutorial on making leather pens. It was because of your piece that I made the pen IAP has spotlighted on the front page. I have enclosed the first one I made before the other one.

Attachments

• Leather Sierra3.jpg
    Leather Sierra3.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 133

W.Y.

I like those pens for their uniqueness, but I can't help but wonder how they would feel after some writing time.

BTW, Mr. Young, I wanted to thank you for your tutorial on making leather pens. It was because of your piece that I made the pen IAP has spotlighted on the front page. I have enclosed the first one I made before the other one.

Thanks .
You did an awesome job on that leather pen.

Rick P

Really! Ya I'll do my best to look ya up Ted. Tracy thinks it is doable but we arent sure what her family has planned for us.

Dont worry you'll know me when you see me just picture an "Alaskan"......

JoeOCNJ

So, if 27/64 and 11mm are the same size, read no further.. but what size drill bit do you use with them?? On PSI website, it says 11mm under accessories, but in the bundled kit, it says 27/64 bit is included with the kit?

renowb

They are not the same size. I would say use a 11mm. The first one I did cracked the piece when I pressed it in on a 27/64 hole.

Last edited:

toolcrazy

Ok, here is the scoop. I bought 3 of these and used a 27/64 bit and it works fine. I think the 11mm is a typo.
27/64 is .4219
11mm is .4331
The hardware has a novelty appeal, but they are not easy to write with. We will see how they sell next weekend at a show in Bremerton, WA. Oh, and the hardware pressed together fine for me.

BTW, you have some nice shocks going there. ;)

Last edited:

WriteON

Hi. I posted this on a different thread. What size barrel trimming shaft is used with the shock tubes. Thanks, Frank

Top Bottom