Shiraz Grape Vine by George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

SteveJ

This is the final pen in an order of 15 various styles and wrappings. Two were to be made of the McLaren Vale Shiraz Grape Vine available from George. I ordered three blanks originally, and blew up two of them (one I salvaged for a personal pen). Ordered four more along with some other blanks from him (and George included some extras as a great gesture of good will).

Apparently I only NEEDED one more since it turned beautifully and this is the result.

If you haven't turned one of these and seen them in person, I encourage you to buy some and put them on your favorite kit. I am pretty sure that when I show the pens to my customer next week she will order a bunch more. She is a wine enthusiast and the pens look so much nicer than she was anticipating that I think she wont be able to resist buying more for gifts.

The red pen I threw in for good measure rather than start another thread. It is an old American Classic kit from Berea made for my son who for some bizarre reason didn't think I could make a rollerball pen which wrote like a Uni-ball vision elite, which is (until he sees this one) his favorite writing instrument.

Steve

Attachments

• Shiraz Grape Vine 1.jpg
    Shiraz Grape Vine 1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 257
  • Shiraz grape vine 2.jpg
    Shiraz grape vine 2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 217
  • Timothy 1.jpg
    Timothy 1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 196
  • Timothy 2.jpg
    Timothy 2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 151
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi Steve,

I'm glad that you finished your order, without many more complications.

I saw some of the other Vine pens you made, and together with this one, you done a marvelous job with them, congrats...!

I should only add that, all the Vine blanks I have left (a few hundred) are all stabilized, many would not have needed it, as per the hundreds I sold before I had the stabilization system however, mother nature decided to send a infestation of tiny wood borers that devastated/destroyed half of my stock so, and in an attempt to salvage what I had, I selected the ones with minor holes and the ones that were still unaffected and invested of a few gallons of Cactus Juice to stabilize the lot, some with clear juice, other with red or blue dyes.

So, I endup with various types and grades of Vine blanks that by being stabilized and cooked, killed and protected the vine that was still untouched but not for long, if I hadn't discover that I had an infestation that attacked very quickly the vine, nothing would touch it while green and drying but when dry, it become obviously a delicacy to these tiny bugs.

I may have never stabilized 2/3 of what I had, the material was very solid, as I made a few pens out of it so, I know however, not investing in treating/salvaging (for the second time) this precious material, I would have nothing left by now...!:eek:

So remember, Vine from me, in natural colour or dyed, is all stabilized...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom