Shhhh.... Don't Tell OK?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

Ok, so my cousin's wife just graduated with her PharmD. So I wanted to make her a special pen. This is it. It is a take off of Serax 15 (google it to see if you think I got close). The white is Corian from Jonathon and the Red is Acetate from WnW. The grip is ebonite and it is a roller writer (from Indy Pen Dance). I have not done the coats of CA over the decals yet, but I was stoked so I wanted to show it off. So here goes. Comments welcome.

Here is a 360 rotational view

pill1.jpg

pill2.jpg

pill3.jpg

Here is the pen apart

pillapart.jpg

Here is the pen open

pillopen.jpg

Here is the pen posted

pillposted2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithkarl2007

Thats pretty cool. I have never attempted kitless or closed end pens. I have roughly sketched one I'd love to do resembling a lipstick, African Blackwood and any other complimenting wood, pink ivory, bloodwood......

hewunch

Thats pretty cool. I have never attempted kitless or closed end pens. I have roughly sketched one I'd love to do resembling a lipstick, African Blackwood and any other complimenting wood, pink ivory, bloodwood......

Well, what are you waiting on? Give it a go! :) I think your idea would be pretty cool. If you don't do it soon, I may have to try it for you :biggrin:

keithkarl2007

Well, what are you waiting on? Give it a go! :) I think your idea would be pretty cool. If you don't do it soon, I may have to try it for you :biggrin:

Do. I'm still learning and haven't been turning much with my back and other health problems. I keep checking in from time to time to see how everbody is getting on and leaving feedback.

its_virgil

Hans,
A very creative concept and excellent execution along with a very thoughtful gift. These "non-traditional" pens that identify one's hobby or profession are well received and much appreciated. I'm sure the new pharmacist.will use this pen with pride and appreciation. Well done, as usual.
Do a good turn daily!!
Don

Last edited:

hewunch

Looking great, Hans!

Thanks for stopping by today. That was fun.

We enjoyed it too. Hope we can do the movie Tuesday. :)

Hans,
A very creative concept and excellent execution along with a very thoughtful gift. These "non-traditional" pens that identify one's hobby or profession are well received and much appreciated. I'm sure the new pharmacist.will use this pen with pride and appreciation. Well done, as usual.
Do a good turn daily!!
Don

Thanks Don! I wanted to use one of the "happy pills" :biggrin:

Great idea. Good job. I know she will be tickled plumb red and white.

I hope so. And thanks so much for the kind words.

hewunch

Great job as usual Beautiful pen

Thanks Tom, it was fun.

Love it!!!

Every now and then a little creativity creeps out of me :)

Looking great, Hans!

Thanks for stopping by today. That was fun.
Looks cool if I would have had more time I wish I could have stopped by. went through ninety six about 7:50 on the way home

Chris I know Bruce loves visitors.

Thanks Rick!

Sweet idea and awesome pen.

Hey, I appreciate it.

That's pretty derned cool!

-Matt

Thanks Matt! It was fun.

Robert111

Great little pen, Hans. Love the design!

Been waiting for someone to do a pen with the Schmidt roller ball nose cone on a kitless. Tell us what you think of the writing qualities of this roller ball and what ink you used with it? I assume it just uses a cartridge?

I see you put cap threads on the section. I assume you have a way to unscrew the cap without unscrewing the section from the barrel?

hewunch

Great little pen, Hans. Love the design!

Been waiting for someone to do a pen with the Schmidt roller ball nose cone on a kitless. Tell us what you think of the writing qualities of this roller ball and what ink you used with it? I assume it just uses a cartridge?

I see you put cap threads on the section. I assume you have a way to unscrew the cap without unscrewing the section from the barrel?

I have been using a roller writer for several months now with Private Reserve cartridges. It works like a champ.

As to the unscrewing part, the section stays in the body better than on the cap. Not sure why, but it does. So it works great with just a little extra friction.

Another one to check off of my list of pens that I haven't seen yet. Very original!!!

Scott B

I hadn't seen one either. But every time I think I come up with something "new" someone else says, oh, I did that 15 years ago. So, I stop thinking I have any original ideas. :rolleyes:

I can't resist any longer. :eek:

It's going to be a hard pen to swallow!!! :doctor:

Imaginative and well executed.

Maybe we should call it the horse pen? Also, I think if you did swallow it, it would go write through you. :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Nice job on the creativity!!!

Thanks

You've done well Hans. Hope you get the CA on with ease.

Can't say I ain't nervous, cause I is. But, thankfully, this ain't my first trip to the rodeo either. I will post a finished pic.

Exceptional idea Hans and well executed. A lot of positive thoughts went into this pen. Darrell

Thanks Darrell!

looks great Hans. The decals are a cool touch, looks much better with them too. Good luck with the CA! That's the step I'd be most worried about.

I agree and I agree!

Top Bottom