Shelled out Citizen Roller

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MikeL

MikeL

This is a rhodium citizen from R&B Crafts who generously supported the 2014 Birthday Bash. I attempted to cast pistachio shells (no, those are not toe nail clippings) into alumilite. The casting turned out fine,it was the turning that was difficult. As mentioned in a previous casting thread, I had a blow out and gave the pen up. As I was cleaning the shop this morning I found the chunk that blew out. The piece fit in very nicely with a very small area missing. CA and a little pistachio sanding dust took care of the small missing area. I was surprised how hard these shells are. I also want to mention that in another thread someone mentioned Dr. Kirks micro magic polishing system. I have started using it on my last several pens and am quite happy with the scratch freeresults. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• CitizenPisatchio3.jpg
    CitizenPisatchio3.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 307
  • CitizenPisatchio1.jpg
    CitizenPisatchio1.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 232
  • CitizenPisatchio2.jpg
    CitizenPisatchio2.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 229
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Still wish I had the blank back in the 60's!!! Very, very impressive looking pen. Glad you could save it. Could you have entered it in the eatable pen contest?? Jim S

OZturner

A Stand Out Pen, Mike
An Attention Getting Blank,
Well fitted to a Citizen.
Glad you found "The Missing Link" and completed the Pen.
Superb Fit and Finish, will ensure that this Pen will get Picked Up from the Display.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom