She wanted pink with bling

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from randywa

randywa

It's a home pour on a gold Ultra Cigar. I was trying for a hotter shade of pink. I'll find out next week if she likes it. I may have to try again.

Attachments

• pink.jpg
    pink.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 403
  • pink2.jpg
    pink2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 158
  • pink3.jpg
    pink3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 145
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randywa

Nice color, but most woman that want to buy pens from me prefer a small diameter.

I had shown her everything I had, from Slims to JJr. Gent IIs. She actually wanted something bigger than a Cigar. She has been a dairy farmer all her life and her hands are pretty good sized. I wouldn't want to arm wrestle with her.

renowb

That's nice! I have actually had lady customers who wanted the bigger Majestics, Sceptres and Apollos.

RSidetrack

I had a custom request for pink. I asked all of the questions, hot pink, regular pink, light pink, pearl, no pearl, fat, thin, rollerball, ballpoint, fountain, etc. The response I got: Pink, I don't care what it is, just pink.

So that is what she is getting! I just poured the cast last night, I did put pearl in. Deciding on kit - I might just do a slimline for her as she doesn't want to spend much money.

randywa

I mixed these blanks one at a time trying to get the color right. I used Kast A Blank resin, with 4 drops white and 2 drops red Cast N Craft pigment. On an earlier try, I used an extra drop of red and it made it darker. Is there a way to get it brighter instead of just lighter or darker?

RSidetrack

I mixed these blanks one at a time trying to get the color right. I used Kast A Blank resin, with 4 drops white and 2 drops red Cast N Craft pigment. On an earlier try, I used an extra drop of red and it made it darker. Is there a way to get it brighter instead of just lighter or darker?

What exactly do you mean by "brighter". Do you mean more vibrant? Try adding some pearl if so - it may help. As for brighter, I am not sure how to make things brighter other than lighter :rolleyes:

randywa

What exactly do you mean by "brighter". Do you mean more vibrant? Try adding some pearl if so - it may help. As for brighter, I am not sure how to make things brighter other than lighter :rolleyes:

I think, on this chart anyway, what I have is Hot Pink and I was aiming for the Deep Pink on the top row. I guess maybe if I had a different color of red.

Attachments

• Pink_chart.gif
    Pink_chart.gif
    6.1 KB · Views: 122

randywa

Just a quick update. I've stumbled on a way to add scent to pens. I added bubble gum scent to this one before I took it to her. She must have liked it, because she ordered 6 more just like it. She said as soon as she saw the pen she was thinking bubble gum and the scent was the best part.

Justturnin

Just a quick update. I've stumbled on a way to add scent to pens. I added bubble gum scent to this one before I took it to her. She must have liked it, because she ordered 6 more just like it. She said as soon as she saw the pen she was thinking bubble gum and the scent was the best part.

If someone gave me a Steak Scented pen I might be inclined to order another.......

toyotaman

Yes it's "Pink" for sure. Very nice too. I have a request for a pink pen but haven't gotten around to make it yet. Yours looks really great. Thanks for sharing.

randywa

Now that is PINK!. That looks like the pink lady blanks from Craft Supplies? I too am working on something with pink in it, and I've had a deuce of a time finding a really hot pink.

I poured 5 blanks before I got this color. I was aiming for a hotter tint but it either looked like a weak red or an embarrassed white. My neighbor calls this Hubba Bubba Baby. It has a nice ring to it :biggrin:.

Top Bottom