She Oak Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from edavisj316

edavisj316

My music minister has been wanting me to make him a desk fountain pen for a while. I told him that if he would order the kit, bushings, drill bit & blank he wanted, I would make it and we would call it even. He finally decided on the Statesman in Rhodium & Black Ti and I had the She Oak blank.

I wasn't sure I was going to like the She Oak. But I put some BLO on to make the grain pop before applying the CA. I think it really turned out nice & he loves it.

I was surprised at how heavy the pen was. But when you take off the cap to write with it, the weight is not bad and it has a nice balance.

Thanks for looking and your comments & critiques are, as always, welcome.

Attachments

• pens 01.jpg
    pens 01.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 216
  • pens 04.jpg
    pens 04.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 125
  • pens 05.jpg
    pens 05.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 130
  • pens 06.jpg
    pens 06.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 121
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cwolfs69

gorgeous pen. i just love she oak. i try to keep half dozen blanks on hand all the time. beautiful figure in all ive had.

robutacion

I don't think that is one of my She/Bull-Oak blanks but, many of what I process are exactly the same, just beautiful grain and colourations...!

One of the main differences of the normal She-Oak and the ones I collect is that being a combination of both, She and Bull (Bullock) Oaks, the grain and colours can vary considerably withing each log but, in my opinion, this is one of my preferred woods to work with/make things from, as collecting and processing these dry/dead trees, is far from easy, dry branches are like barbwire and the clothes always get torn to shreds...!:mad:

Just great work you've done on that pen, kit and wood match perfectly...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

edavisj316

Thanks for the comments. I actually found this piece in my local Wood Craft store. But I want to get some more. I bookmarked your E-bay store George, and hope to make an order soon.

Top Bottom