Sharp Stogie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from el_d

el_d

With the recent "Cigar Replica pens" I have seen on here I got the itch to try one. I dont have a tap to try kitless pen, BUT I did get a sharpie tap in a swap from Timbo and a nice piece of maple from Jerry S. Got a refill and went to town...

I really didnt start out trying to replicate a cigar but it kinda looked like one so I went ahead and banded it.

C and C welcome and appreciated,

Attachments

• MapleMarkcl.jpg
    MapleMarkcl.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 350
  • MapleMark.jpg
    MapleMark.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 318
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Before you pulled the cap off, I was reaching for my cutter and light.:wink: Seriously, you have a beautiful pen there. The fit and finish are outstanding. I, however, do have a question, how did you make the 'Sharpie' work? I use one all the time at work and this is a grand idea. Congratulations.
Charles

thetalbott4

Dam Lupe, you couldnt get more shine on that thing if it was on the sun! By the way - if you want to buy boxes of Punch cigars for the labels, I will be happy to smoke the cigars for you. I'm willing to help.

lwalden

Lupe, two thumbs up on the fantastic finish and the pen overall. I keep telling myself I've got to try that one day, and every time I turn around someone on here keeps raising the bar on these "Cigar" pens. Love the pen, and kudos on the photo quality, as well!!

el_d

Much thanks for the Kudos, Just trying to keep up with you guys.

Charles, I just used the sharpie refills with a tap that fits the threads. When this one dries out I just unscrew the refill and replace it with a new refill.

Scott,come on down and we can light one up....:biggrin:

Last edited:

el_d

Wouldnt be much of a demo John, anyone can turn a closed end.
Then only thing left is to tap that ash. :biggrin:

BTW this was done on your VS.
Thanks

Wow, I really like that pen! The finish is superb as usual. Maybe a good subject for a demo at our next get together!

John

el_d

Thanks for the coments.

Im a little worried about the cap though, I used Epoxy but I not sure if it will hold. Im not sure what the material is but it may not stick.

Top Bottom