Shapes and shadows

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Working from my initial puzzle style, the piece was finished with a dry cloth method, initially laying down the sanding sealer by blotting, then followed with a blotted stain (which was wiped off), followed by lacquer and TSW.

200563063859_JP2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Lou,
I like this one better, because the puzzle pieces (the central focus of the design, IMHO) are more apparent. It looks REALLY cool! Nice job, as always.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thank you all for the kind words. Gerrit, here's a post of the first puzzle, posted just a few days ago. http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7468 Jim--the fun in working a series is that there's something for almost everyone. This particular pen was a lot less time consuming than the first. I've got a few more variations on this theme, but I need to relax and make a few less intense pens. [8D]

gpadgham

ahhh, a lazer.... I need to win the lottery so I can go buy myself one of those... heh... I don't of anyone around here that has one that would just let me play. heh...

btboone

Lou, another technique that I found that works well for the puzzle is to finish the whole pen with CA, then very lightly laser the alternating pieces in a tight hatch pattern. This is just enough to take off the CA, and allows the alternating pieces to absorb some dye or dyed CA without affecting the whiter untouched pieces. I found that 2 drops of black and one drop of brown dye make a nice dark color that contrasts very nicely with the raw pen color. I'll see if I might get some time this weekend to do one. I've tried a lot of experiments with scrap pieces, and I think this combination will really bring out the puzzle piece contrast. This assumes that there are four pieces going around the pen so that alternating pieces can contrast.

M

Mudder

This one I really like Lou.
Personally I think it's better that the first and the first one was a dang fine pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom