Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Well I guess this was a week for pencils,
here are some Sketchers & Carpenter pencils,
Some are more shapely than others :)
Thanks for looking, comments allways welcome....

20063215255_pencils_carpenter.jpg

200632152531_pencils_sketch.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

Anthony,

Great work as always!

I really like the differing shapes. That kit for me is a struggle to make look and feel right. You have given me a few ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Fangar

Gary Max

I likes the Olivewood. I have ran out of the Artist Pencil kits for now. When I can afford it I will have to make a couple out of Olivewood. Just need to get out there and sell some more so I can buy some kits. Heck I am feeling like a pen junkie needing a fix/kit---hehehehe

PenWorks

Originally posted by Fangar
<br /> That kit for me is a struggle to make look and feel right. Fangar

Your right James, it is kind of a bulky lil thing. The best feeling ones to me are the top left and bottom left. Plenty of room to rest your thumb and have control of the pencil. The one cut B2B feels the worse. Like it wants to slide out of your hand and you have nothing to grip but the barrel.

Thanks for the comments.

Gary, I am cutting all this FREE BOW I won from the charity pen contest [:D] You know how nice that free wood cuts [:p]

its_virgil

I agree with Fangar, deciding on a shape for these pencils is a bit difficult for me. Thanks for sharing and as usual, great job on all of them. I ordered some of the kits but did not order the bushings. Does the woodworkers bushing work on these newer kits? Guess I could try myself and see, couldn't I?
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Well I guess this was a week for pencils,
here are some Sketchers & Carpenter pencils,
Some are more shapely than others [:)]
Thanks for looking, comments allways welcome....

PenWorks

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br /> Does the woodworkers bushing work on these newer kits? Guess I could try myself and see, couldn't I?

Why would you go threw all that trouble and try the bushings, when you can just ask someone [:D]

Of course they won't work ! [xx(] You need to buy bushings and another bit, or maybe Frank has a drill bit he can lend you [:D] I hear he is starting to get a collection of bits [:D]

PenWorks

When I put the pencils up in the store this morning, I noticed something, the Original Woodworkers pencil from CS was longer than the Sketcher & Deluxe pencils, but the woodworkers pencils I finished last night were the same size as the Sketchers. I feel cheated [:D] The mechanism is clearly 1" shorter than the original, when did this change occur ? and why ? That was one of the big differences between the two was the length.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom