Shamless plug for Ankrom Exotics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MorganGrafixx

MorganGrafixx

First I would like to start off by thanking all the good folks over at Ankrom Exotics for donating their blanks to the IAP Birthday Bash. I won 4 of the Birls N Swirls blanks. So far I have turned 2 pens with them.

First is a Churchill. It was the first one I have ever made. Not too sure how I feel about it yet. The blanks turned out awesome, but the jury is still out on the actual kit itself.

The next one is a Black Ti. Zen. I LOVE this pen. The kit is my absolute favorite, hands down. The blank is just stunning. The Zens always take me a little more patience than most because of the 10.5mm hole that you have to drill a LONG way for the single barrel. But i know the effort is more than worth it by the time one of these is done. In the last pic you can see the acrylic part forms a "flame". I'd love to tell you that I did this on purpose, but I'd be lying. Very cool none the less.

Attachments

• IMG_0591.jpg
    IMG_0591.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0579.jpg
    IMG_0579.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0580.jpg
    IMG_0580.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 215
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

I also have some of these blanks but can't decide which kit will work best for them. I like the Churchill slightly more than the Zen. Still undecided. What do you think is your next kit choices for the two you still have? Which kit do people seem to like the best and can you link to a photo? Thanks

Martin

MorganGrafixx

I also have some of these blanks but can't decide which kit will work best for them. I like the Churchill slightly more than the Zen. Still undecided. What do you think is your next kit choices for the two you still have? Which kit do people seem to like the best and can you link to a photo? Thanks

Martin

Hands down: Zen is my favorite. Customer's favorites are Zen, Wall Street II, Jr. Gent. If you want to search for my name "Scott Morgan" on Facebook and add me as a friend, you'll be able to access all my pens. I think I have close to a million on there....okay, maybe not a million, but LOTS.

Here's a link to my Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=727086999

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I know alot of people on here don't like the magnetic part of the Zen. But it is by far my favorite pen. Customers also really like it.

MorganGrafixx

I know alot of people on here don't like the magnetic part of the Zen. But it is by far my favorite pen. Customers also really like it.

Mine too! The magnet is the deal maker for most folks. Once they stick that cap on there a few times and hear the "click", they reach for the wallets! I love it!

Top Bottom