Shaking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chuck Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Key

Going on vacation until the first of August. This will be my last pen until we return home. Starting to shake already and unless my brother, sister or mother in Northern Maine own a lathe, which they do not, this could be bad.

2005627114940_lh2.jpg

It's a Rockler 2mm Cabinetmakers Pencil, any comments?

Chuckie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Well Chuckie, it looks like you controlled your shakes pretty well during the turning process! The shape and finish both look good, thought it's a little tough to tell because the picture is a bit dark.

Enjoy your vacation!

Chuck Key

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />Is that made from this pencil that Rockler sells
http://tinyurl.com/cjr8z

No, I used the discontinued version SKU 60613. They are not available on line you will need to call a local Rockler store and negotiate price and shipping arrangements. They are on close out, I got mine for $2.77 each. Bought all they had at the Andover, Mass. store. The Mesquete, Tx store had 60 in stock last week, 48 when I got off the phone (TEL: 972-613- 8848)with them. Just mention the $2.77 price and they should match it since the have it marked at $2.99. I like the look of the old style better than the new style in your link. Here is a link to the one I used:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6963

Chuckie

Dario

Chuck,

I started a tread at "Casual Conversation" due to your shaking LOL...hope you can get some ideas there. [;)]

BTW...it titled "Penturners Anonymous".

You got is BAD mate. LOL

alamocdc

I know the feeling, Chuckie! I'm on week two of my vacation and have one week to go before I get back. I'M DYING HERE!! Okay, not really, but I'm certainly having withdrawals! [:D] BTW, the pencil looks good! Can't wait to try one.

Tom, they miscounted. They were actually down to 14 when you ordered and I just got the last four.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom