Sex in pen turning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from plantman

plantman

:eek::eek: Sorry !!! Pen has nothing to do with sex, but it did get you to open this thread. Pen is a PSI Vertex Supreme Magnetic Roller Ball in 24K Gold fittings. It has a polymar Onyx base with poly images incorperated into the base blanks. 10 coats of Thick CA finish. Jim S

Attachments

• DSCF0017 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF0017 (640x480).jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 459
  • DSCF0018 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF0018 (640x480).jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 278
  • DSCF0019 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF0019 (640x480).jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 227
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LarryDNJR

I don't want to be that guy because normally I'm all about the subject matter of the title. But we do have younger participants on here. :)

Also the pen does look slick. Goodjob

SDB777

Hate to disappoint, but the title doesn't usually have anything to do with me opening a topic....more over, I just look at them all!!!!

Pretty cool pen, and the name should be worth it's weight in gold(it's a long name for a pen)
"PSI Vertex Supreme Magnetic Roller Ball in 24K Gold"
At $2.50 per characrter of pen name....you'd have a $107.50 pen! Woohoo!!!

Do have a question though, could you describe the casting method a little? I'm thinking from reading the post that you put the decal on and then cast a color PR around it....probably not.

Scott (nicely done) B

plantman

Hate to disappoint, but the title doesn't usually have anything to do with me opening a topic....more over, I just look at them all!!!!

Pretty cool pen, and the name should be worth it's weight in gold(it's a long name for a pen)
"PSI Vertex Supreme Magnetic Roller Ball in 24K Gold"
At $2.50 per characrter of pen name....you'd have a $107.50 pen! Woohoo!!!

Do have a question though, could you describe the casting method a little? I'm thinking from reading the post that you put the decal on and then cast a color PR around it....probably not.

Scott (nicely done) B

:bananen_smilies022:Thank you Scott !!! In answer to your question. It's not a decal!! It is a polymar clay image made up of seperate pieces of colored clays put together to make the desired design. Somewhat like a lazer cut inlay, only your the lazer. The colors go all the way through the blank to the brass tubes, so you don't have to worry about turning away your design !! In this case I made up a base coat that looks like Onyx to use as my base color around my tubes. I applied the designs to the long tube and filled in with the base color. I than covered the upper tube with the base color itself. You heat the blank to 275* for 1/4 hour to harden and set the clay. After that the blank is turned and finished the same as any other blank would be. It' like casting blanks, the colors and designs are endless and fun to make. Jim S

Last edited:

plantman

I don't want to be that guy because normally I'm all about the subject matter of the title. But we do have younger participants on here. :)

:frown::frown: Sorry Larry !! Didn't mean to offend anyone!! If my title was " Here's another pen ", how many people would have looked at it ?? I see too many threads with little or no replys to them !! It was a little experiment to see how many people would open this thread than normal. Jim S

LarryDNJR

:frown::frown: Sorry Larry !! Didn't mean to offend anyone!! If my title was " Here's another pen ", how many people would have looked at it ?? I see too many threads with little or no replys to them !! It was a little experiment to see how many people would open this thread than normal. Jim S

I'm not offended one bit. I was just merely making a comment as more a heads up to look out. :) I mean honestly because of your title I clicked on the link LOL.

Ok well even if the title said here is my pen or Check out this new fantabulous pen that just appeared out of no where I'd click either one to look at them. :)

Top Bottom