Sewing theme pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ELA

ELA

Thanks to Tim Harvey for some tips and encouraging me to give it a try. This is only my second imbed blank. I used small pics of fabrics I found in ads in a magazine for the base. The tape measure is one I bought at the fabric store. It is actually too thick (as I found out at the tip end.) I used CA to repair the area, but you can still see it.:frown: I used PR for the casting. The only other mistake I made was to not clean off the excess Modge Podge I used to seal the surface. There was some slight blushing because of the excess. Oh, there is also one tiny bubble I missed.

1_sewing_1.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tomtedesco

Very nice. My wife is a quilter so I started taking a piece of her leftover fabric from a quilt, casting in PR, and giving a matching pen with her quilts. I like the tape measure in your pen, will give it a try.

ELA

Here are 2 additional photos. I chose the portion of the tape with the "20" on it because it will be birthday present and her birthday is the 20th.

1_sewing_2.jpg
1_sewing_3.jpg

turncrazy43

Try a Sierra Vista pen kit. Not a click pen but you have more meat at the ends of the blank after turning.

Top Bottom