Sewing Pen & a Couple Other Castings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from THarvey

THarvey

A couple quick pictures with my iPad.

These are three from my first batch of castings. I turned these Friday evening after work.

The sewing pen is of the casts I showed in mold in the casual forum. I painted the tube red, attached a section of measuring tape, needle threader, a sewing needle with lime green thread. Mounted on a black ti and gold Sierra. The original sewing pen, I gave to my mother, has gained a lot of attention. I might be making a few more of these. :biggrin:

The middle pen, I painted the tube black, cut and mounted pieces of my business card to personalize the pen. The reverse side of the pen has my employer's logo, but I do not have permission to show it on websites that might have unrelated commercial interest. Mounted on a chrome Sierra. Don't think I will be selling this one. :laugh:

The last pen is fabric wrapped around the tube and cast. I painted the tube white, just in case the fabric became a little translucent in the resin. I made similar pens in the past with blanks I bought from Glimmerz-n-more, but they are no longer selling pen blanks. The music pen was ver popular, so I'm glad to see I can make these myself. Mounted on a chrome Sierra.

Each pen is polished to 12000 micro mesh and receives a coat of Plastx Polish.

The iPad will only let me load one pic in the post. I will add a pic of the other sides in the comments.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ELA

I have a friend who sews a lot. I made her a pin holder with a threader in the top. I will have to see if I can make her a sewing pin for her birthday. (hope you don't mind me copying your idea)

Charlie_W

Tim, Your blanks are expertly done! They make for a very unique pen!
Wifey saw these and was all over the sewing blank!
At MAPG today after Barry Gross did a demo on casting, she is ready for us to jump into casting! She can make up the blanks and I will cast as the fumes would reek havoc on her allergies.

Even as I write this from our hotel room, she has her sewing machine set up, finishing a project for a ongoing class tomorrow. She is making a pillow of the month where she makes one pillow and then will have a different pillowcase for each month when finished! This will be a long sofa pillow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 139
Top Bottom