Several 1sts......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lwalden

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwalden

1st full sized Statesman......, 1st one of Nolan's honduran rosewood burl I've turned, 1st time trying the CA finish George Butcher demo'd at Bubbasville yesterday, and 1st pics with the new camera (Canon S3 IS). Need more work with the camera, pleased with how the CA finish ended up, and ya gotta love the burl Nolan provides.....

200791622224_rosewoodstsmn.jpg

200791622237_rosewoodstsmn2.jpg

comments/feedback appreciated.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnnycnc

Wow,what burl!That is some of the
best I've seen.Finish looks good from here.
Great looking pen;I'd have a hard time selling it.
I got the S3 Canon a few months ago,and I still
need to work with mine some more.It's got a ton
to offer for the money,I think.

gerryr

Great job on the pen, Lyle. I love that Rosewood Burl form Nolan. The picture looks very good, so I think you're real close, if not there already.

its_virgil

Lots of firsts there Lyle. First of all, that burl looks fantastic. And, I know the finish looks much better than what shows in the picture. I too went home and practiced what George showed us and I will be changing my ways. I've made that promise before but this time I mean it.[:D] Those pens are beautiful. Thanks for sharing and thanks to George for giving us a lesson on how to finish a pen.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by lwalden
<br />1st full sized Statesman......, 1st one of Nolan's honduran rosewood burl I've turned, 1st time trying the CA finish George Butcher demo'd at Bubbasville yesterday, and 1st pics with the new camera (Canon S3 IS).

GaryMGg

What a great looking pen: the burl is outstanding and your execution looks perfect.

But Say what? Lyle, Don, & George! It's not enough y'all produce such great looking pens working by
yourselves. Now you have to get together and teach each other more!?!?!? What's this, something
like a Fantasy Football league for pen-masters! [:eek:)][:D][:D] [;)]

Must be nice to have so much talent so close together. I'll bet that was a fun time.

Texatdurango

Originally posted by GaryMGg
<br />... I'll bet that was a fun time.
That's the beauty of Bubbasville! We have a good time once a month visiting with friends, meeting new folks, sharing our thoughts and ideas, and picking up some great deals on goodies such as snake skin and Lone star blanks! [:D]

Jeff Carrell does a great job of opening his shop to everyone and with several lathes on hand, usually something gets started on one or more of them.

lwalden

Actually, I think it is. No bounty/viva/brawny/blue shop towel, no BLO, no sanding sealer, and if I can do it it's pretty foolproof- and I'm a pretty accomplished fool, if I do say so myself! Don (Ward), you've been doing CA finishes for quite a while, and even have a tutorial or two out there on it- what say you?
Originally posted by n4631x
<br />Very nice Lyle, is the CA process way different than the other ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom