Several 1st Attempts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LL Woodworks

LL Woodworks

Good Morning everyone. All of you guys and gals are inspiring and push me to try new things! I have several 1st attempts with this one. 1st time turning the matching finial, 1st attempt at making and installing a custom clip (stainless), 1st time using aluminum rod as accents, and 1st time using a light tent to photograph (still learning camera settings and lighting). Feed back is appreciated.

Attachments

• tn_DSCN0041.JPG
    tn_DSCN0041.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 271
  • tn_DSCN0042.JPG
    tn_DSCN0042.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 208
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Robert111

I really like this pen. It has a kind of "minimalist" look. The colors, or absence of them, are an asset for this style. Now have you thought about getting rid of the lower end hardware and centerband? Looking forward to seeing more from you.

RSidetrack

Very nice pen!

Your exposure seems almost right for the pen itself, but I believe you need to add a bit more lighting. Try moving the lights closer to the tent or higher wattage bulbs. I would say increase the exposure time, but I am afraid you may wash out the pen itself.

Also - are you using custom white balance setting at all?

Last edited:

LL Woodworks

Robert111 - I've been researching how to eliminate the center band while using the threaded coupler and haven't figured it out yet. Eventually I want to make one with self made threads but haven't researched enough as to what size tap and dies to acquire. Any help in these areas is appreciated

RSidetrack - I thought it needed more light; I only have lights on the right and left side, need one on the top; I have the EV set at +.7.

Top Bottom