Set of Seven

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from G1Pens

G1Pens

This is a set of seven pens I made for my cousins and aunt....here's the story that goes with it (short version)

A few months ago my aunt, who was a second mother to me, passed away. She was buried alongside her brother, mother and father (my uncle, grandmother and grandfather). She had three daughters to whom I am close. At the funeral I notice a tree that shaded the gravesites and started wondering about making pens for my three cousins. Well to my surprise there was a dead limb on the tree. Later that day I came back to the cemetery and removed that dead branch and brought it back to GA with me.

I decided if I did a pen for my aunts daughters, I should do one for her brothers kids and if I did one for them I need to do one for their mom. So when all was said and done I needed to make 7 pens. I still need to do one for me and anther cousin I forgot about. It is her grandparents buriend there too.

So this is it. The wood is very plain and I have been unable to identify it. I took pictures of the tree and the leaves, but so far no luck. Anyway. I think everyone will be happy with their (unexpected) pen. It is meant to be a "witness wood" pen and a memorial to my family that lies there.

Attachments

• IMG_8465a-web.jpg
    IMG_8465a-web.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 306
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randywa

That's a nice looking set of pens. I'm sure that "plain" looking wood will have more meaning than a figured wood from somewhere else. Those will become prized possessions.

MarkD

Nice pens and a great story Gary. I'm sure the "unexpected" pens will be cherished for years to come.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
My only question is, How did you get 7 pens to sit still with their clips all pointing in the same direction and get the pic taken?

Martin G

My only question is, How did you get 7 pens to sit still with their clips all pointing in the same direction and get the pic taken?

I don't know how Gary does it but I use Blu-Tack, just a small dot under each pen.

Great story and beautiful pens!

Top Bottom