A set of Executives

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from 76winger

76winger

Executive style pens I made last week. Four with various colors of Lucite for the body (from Indy Pen Dance) and the one on the right from Buffalo Horn from Woodturningz. The Rhodium and 24k Exec kits were all from PSI.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobalu

Very attractive looking group of pens, and my favorite --The Exec. I'd be hard pressed to pick the one I like the best, but I'm leaning toward the blue one.

Question on the buffalo horn. I've never turned that material. Do you get color variations as you turn it down, or does it all stay primarily black? Looks like a little brown hue starting to show through near the nib end. Not sure about the lighter shades I see. I figured that was just light reflecting off the other pens.

76winger

They're all spectacular pens, but I like the buffalo horn best.

Me too.

I like it as well, and partly because I tried a different shape on it. However it wasn't easy to turn: Even with a sharp skew, it kept wanting to dig in and take a small chunk out now and then. I finally stopped about 1/32 short and sanded my way down to the desired size to clean up as many nicks as possible.

Top Bottom