A Set For A Commodore!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mark james

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I was asked last fall for these. They were finished several weeks ago, but I wanted to wait until they were presented as a gift from a Chief Petty Officer 4, to his superior who was being reassigned.

Captain Randy Garner, COMLCSRON ONE (Commander of the LCS Squadron, Atlantic Fleet).

I know less about the Navy than I do pens, but I suspect this is a special individual... he does have a cool dinghy... :good:

COMLCSRON ONE

Thank you to PTownSubbie for the blanks
And thank you to Bsea for the Blue Blank - "7 Seas (Al#009). Turned like butter and I personally loved the colors.

Last blank is Black Ash Burl.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Hope the pens do him justice!

Oh sure, C & C welcomed!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kingkeyman

Those pens are really nice. I've never given any of my military superiors a gift before.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Dave!

I could have gotten the fit a bit better. But I used both for a day and they were fine - a pen turner would know what to look for :redface:. But they were well recieved as intended.

The CWO-4 evidently "owed" his current deployment to this superior, and wanted to give him a gift. The CWO-4 is in charge of the maintenance/radar issues on board... all done remotely from San Diago :eek:. He rarely steps aboard. This new class of boats are quite amazing.

The actual pen is of less impact than the CNC engraving! From the 6 commissions that I have done now, evidently they have made quite the impression (not my work... PTownSubbie gets the credit). Also, the blank from BSea was a perfect match for a Navy person!

Top Bottom