Serpentine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Timebandit

Timebandit

So since we are all waiting on a place to post out Best of IAP contest pens, i thought i would post a pic of one of the pens i made that didnt make it into the contest. I made a bunch of pens and then picked the best 3 for the contest. This is made from vintage Serpentine Cebloplast. I hade a 5" piece and it wasnt long enough to make a pen, so Ken(bitshird) was kind enough to send me a 3" piece so i could make this pen. Well all went well until i was turning the front section and i broke the threads off. So i contacted Ken and he was kind enough to send me another 2" to make this happen. Thanks Ken!!!! So here it is. Serpentine Cebloplast with a #6 Meisternib, with gold hardware. I went with the gold because back in the day almost all hardware was gold, so i wanted to stay true to this material. This material was very hard to photograph.

All Comments Welcome

Thanks For Looking

Justin

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0661.jpg
    DSC_0661.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 788
  • DSC_0662.jpg
    DSC_0662.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 786
  • DSC_0664.jpg
    DSC_0664.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 785
  • DSC_0665.jpg
    DSC_0665.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 788
  • DSC_0666.jpg
    DSC_0666.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 782
  • DSC_0667.jpg
    DSC_0667.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 784
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rounder

Now that right there, that's PUUUUUUURRRRRRRTTTTTYYYYY!!! I really like the finial on that one. Beautiful shape. I know of a great place to send that one! Send it to yo DADDY!!! Yes sirreeee! I know that would make the old fart smile!

IPD_Mr

Well done Justin. I love the shape of the section and your clip installation is one of the best. I bet you would do well with these as a show like the Dallas Pen Show.

philb

Really like that! Have a couple of Serpentine pieces waiting for me to get sorted with kitless!

Do you have any pics with the grip section unscrewed, just to have a gander at the innards!

PHIL

Timebandit

Now that right there, that's PUUUUUUURRRRRRRTTTTTYYYYY!!! I really like the finial on that one. Beautiful shape. I know of a great place to send that one! Send it to yo DADDY!!! Yes sirreeee! I know that would make the old fart smile!

UM.........YEAh We will talk about that later:biggrin:

Nicely done Justin. I like that material.

Thank you sir!:wink:

That's a beauty, Justin! Very clean, and elegant.

Thanks Joe..You will be seeing more of this one soon:wink:

Really like that! Have a couple of Serpentine pieces waiting for me to get sorted with kitless!

Do you have any pics with the grip section unscrewed, just to have a gander at the innards!

PHIL

Here you go
attachment.php

Very well done....I like it the best of all your great pens. Oh, excellent photos too...

Thanks!! That means a lot as i know you are a professional photographer.:redface::biggrin:It took me a while to get good photos. I had some help from our resident Wizard, and they have never been the same.

Attachments

• DSC_0675.jpg
    DSC_0675.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 236

mrburls

Another great looking pen Justin. With yet another good looking nib section creation. You just keep knocking them out. Can't wait to see what 3 you are entering in the contest.

Keith "mrburls"

bitshird

Justin, it is fabulous, the pieces of rod certainly came out far better than any thing I could have done with it. The clean flow of line throughout the design is awesome. A pen like that is definitely Dallas or DC pen show quality and then some!!

Timebandit

Well done Justin. I love the shape of the section and your clip installation is one of the best. I bet you would do well with these as a show like the Dallas Pen Show.

WOW!! Thanks Mike!! That means a lot to me!! I would love just to be considered to be in one of those shows!!!

Thank You

Justin, it is fabulous, the pieces of rod certainly came out far better than any thing I could have done with it. The clean flow of line throughout the design is awesome. A pen like that is definitely Dallas or DC pen show quality and then some!!

Thanks Ken!!! It wouldnt have happened without you!!! And like i said to Mike,Thank You for thinking this is good enough for either of those shows!!! That is where i strive to be!!:biggrin:

Justin

kenspens

super job!! nice material and well designed and executed in spite of the blow outs
cant wait to see what made it to the best of iap contest!!
ken
kens pens

drgoretex

The shape and proportions cap to barrel are as beautifully executed here as with the others! Nice work!

Ken

wizard

Justin, I think that this and the the blue, red, and black cebloplast that you showed as one the contest entries are my favorites. I love the profile and the colors on this. Very clean and streamlined. Absolutely beautiful. Hey, but I expect that from my Sensei.:wink:. Doc

Timebandit

The shape and proportions cap to barrel are as beautifully executed here as with the others! Nice work!

Ken

Thanks Ken!! Im loving this shape!!

Justin, I think that this and the the blue, red, and black cebloplast that you showed as one the contest entries are my favorites. I love the profile and the colors on this. Very clean and streamlined. Absolutely beautiful. Hey, but I expect that from my Sensei.:wink:. Doc

Thanks Doc!! you are coming into your own as well!!:biggrin:

Another beaut! May I ask where you got the clip?

I got it from Brian Gray. He doesnt sell clips, i just asked and he sold me some. No sure if he will be selling more, as this isnt an item he stocks.

Top Bottom