Serpent Rod

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rdunn12

rdunn12

Here is a Wallstreet 2 with a piece of serpent rod from xylostyle.I like this stuff except for drilling.Keeping it cool is a MUST!Turns great and finishes great.What do you guys think?

serpentrod.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

Ron, the serpent rod is very nice and goes well with the kit. You might want to check your bushings or runout on your lathe, looking at the lower part of the blank.

bitshird

Ron I love that serpent rod, it looks great with that pen, heck it looks good on about any pen. Everybody has said it's a pain to drill because it heats up too fast,

rdunn12

Ron, the serpent rod is very nice and goes well with the kit. You might want to check your bushings or runout on your lathe, looking at the lower part of the blank.

It is'nt the blank it's the pen.I thought it was just the picture but got to messing with the pen last night and where the tube goes over the nib end there is a bunch of play.I checked some other Wallstreets and none of them have near as much play as this one.When held in my hand it looks normal.But when you prop it like I had it in the pic it becomes noticable.I did'nt notice it till you pointed it out.Thanks.Will have to put it on another kit.

Top Bottom