serpent-pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from George Watkins

hello folks

A Goood friend of mine sent me some blanks recently and in amongst them was these- he tells me that the material is ceblopast and that they were made by Mazzuchelli in italy for a limited edition pen for sheaffer in the early 90's- the design is called serpent
they are stunning and I am very fortunate to have been sent them.

two tone chrome sierra
P1050414-1.jpg

Black TN executive
P1050401-1.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Out standing pens, I think you'll find the material is older than from the 90's I love it and have a few sticks left, it's fun to work isn't it. :biggrin:

Bill Sampson

Serpent blanks

George,

The serpent blanks make a great looking pen and yours were done very well.
The rods were made for Sheaffer in the early 1930's. I went to the International Pen Show near Washington (DC ) last year and saw several old Sheaffer sets, made from serpent rods, dating back to 1931. One dealer had several sets of these pens and a serpent rod for comparison. Tried to buy the one he had, but got a resounding NO! I am going to this show on the 14th and expect to see quite a few of the old Sheaffer serpent pens. I don't, however, expect to come home with any rods.
I do have several of these rods, but only use them for special gifts. They take more time to drill and finish but produce a great looking pen.

Bill Sampson, Richmond

JohnU

Very nice! I have a few of these rods myself for special pens. Yours turn out beautiful. This material isn't easy towork with it's low temp melting point.

Last edited:

animefan

Its a great looking set of pens, to bad they stopped making the material in the thirties.

Top Bottom