Series of firsts'

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fstepanski

Status
Not open for further replies.

fstepanski

Received an IAP picnic invitation from Draken couple months back, he requested I have a “bowl turning†session. I met some GREAT pen turners, swapped some pen blanks and had a great time with roughing out a red oak bowl.. In return for my bowl tutelage James invited me back to his garage for some PR casting lessons.

This is my fist pour, first Baron, first cast pen, first pen picture, first pen picture post, and first thump my chest “Look what I did†post!!

Was two colors, Mink (a Pearl EX color) and Black.

Thanks for all the great inf

20078222387_Baron1.jpg

200782223825_Baron2.jpg

o at IAP and special thanks to James for all the guidance..

Happy turnin’

Frank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Petricore

I love the pen. I am really coming around to the acrylics..... Nice shape and coloration in this pen. I have to say though, the erasing around the second pen picture is killing me, Id rather see whatever is in the background than the little erase marks :)

Draken

Very nice pen Frank, the blanks came out great, nice swirls and your fit and finish look top notch.

Thanks to you as well for the bowl tutorials and for the assistance with cutting up that huge hunk of Oak Crotch that was taking up my wife's side of the garage. [}:)]

MDWine

Originally posted by fstepanski
<br />. . . met some GREAT pen turners, swapped some pen blanks and had a great time with roughing out a red oak bowl. . .

AND... got CAW their DVD back! [:D][:p]

Thanks to you too, Frank, for the bowl turning, I sure learned a lot in a short amount of time!!

fstepanski

Thanks for all the kind words, you all are too nice!!!

Here is a Cabara from the same casting session.. Different colors this time, Mink & Yellow.

Going cast crazy :)

200782515241_Carbara1.jpg
<br />

20078251549_Carbara3.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom