Series of 5 Pens Custom Painting/Casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jontello

Jontello

This is a Series of pens I did to be sold where the proceeds will go to help find a micro enterprise business I am going to be heading up in Italy. It will employ survivors of sex-trafficking to help them come out of that to begin new life.The women are going to be turning pens. Super excited how these pens turned out. They look almost like glass. Here is the process. One of them won the Casting contest. It was hard figuring out which one to submit.

The blank on this pen was hand, painted. It required about 10 layers of transparent paint on the Tube. Each layer required a day or two of drying time. There are 4 different brands of paints used to achieve the result on the pen blank. I had to seal the final layer before I casted it in clear resin. The pen used turned down to size. From this point I added 3-5 more layers of watered down paints. Each layer required a day or so to dry before having to seal it one last time and finish with a CA, Polish and put together. It took about 3 or 4 weeks to make from start to finish. It has an incredible depth to it that is hard to see in the pictures because of all the layers of paint and how the light reflects in it.

Here is a couple pics of the pens.

Thanks for looking.

Jon

Attachments

• Casting all-2.jpg
    Casting all-2.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 257
  • Casting all-3.jpg
    Casting all-3.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 230
  • Casting all-4.jpg
    Casting all-4.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 234
  • Casting all-5.jpg
    Casting all-5.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Casting all-6.jpg
    Casting all-6.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 196
  • Casting all.jpg
    Casting all.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mike4066

I was lucky enough to see one of these at the last Ohio meeting. As incredible as they look in the photo, they are much more spectacular in person.

The set looks amazing great job Jon!

Jontello

I really appreciate your kind words. I really wish you all could hold them and see them in person!

Imaginethat

Jon, these pens are stunning. Of course I'm prejudice since I own one of your creations. Pictures don't do these pens justice and in the sunlight the depth shows wonderfully well. Good luck with your venture.

OZturner

Spectacular Blanks, Jon.
Unfortunately the Photographs, do not do them the Justice they Deserve.
The depth of Focus, doesn't show them in their Full Glory.
Congratulations, on your work, and your Project.
Brian.

Top Bottom