A Serge inspired box of pens!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
A short while back Serge posted how he made a display box for showing his pens. I really liked the idea so I set out to make my own. I posted the pics here since I am showing off my pens as well as my box! If anyone thinks I should move it, please let me know.

The box is made from Honey Mesquite with a satin lacquer finish. It was designed to hold my we best pens.
200772814226_Penbox3.jpg

Here is is with the glass lid open. The little round things are each corner are pieces of felt to keep the lid from slamming when shut.
200772814317_Penbox1.jpg

Here is the box without pens. I used a V bit instead of a core box bit like Serge did. I then used spray adhesive to attach the suede.
200772814344_Penbox4.jpg

Here is how I did the bottom. This works real well to keep it from sliding around on a hard surface.
20077281448_penbox5.jpg

Thanks Serge for the inspiration!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Shane

Great case full of beautiful pens, something to be proud of ... Those yellow ones sure stand out, love em.

Happy Turning,

Darley

Very nice work Curtis your box show very well your pens, what can I say ...TOP BOX FOR TOP PENS,

edit: Curtis sorry but LOML just see my post and wondering if you can send to her the box with the pens like that she would be able to check if you follow the tutorial[:D]

Originally posted by MesquiteMan
<br />A short while back Serge posted how he made a display box for showing his pens. I really liked the idea so I set out to make my own. I posted the pics here since I am showing off my pens as well as my box! If anyone thinks I should move it, please let me know.

The box is made from Honey Mesquite with a satin lacquer finish. It was designed to hold my we best pens.
200772814226_Penbox3.jpg
<br />

Here is is with the glass lid open. The little round things are each corner are pieces of felt to keep the lid from slamming when shut.
200772814317_Penbox1.jpg
<br />

Here is the box without pens. I used a V bit instead of a core box bit like Serge did. I then used spray adhesive to attach the suede.
200772814344_Penbox4.jpg
<br />

Here is how I did the bottom. This works real well to keep it from sliding around on a hard surface.
20077281448_penbox5.jpg
<br />

Thanks Serge for the inspiration!!!

M

Mudder

Speaking of Serge inspired Pen Boxes, his tutorial is posted on the front page and is a welcome edition to our Library.

http://content.penturners.org/articles/2007/Pen_Boxes.pdf

Texatdurango

Curtis, I know this thread isn't about the pens but since you displayed some very nice looking pens, could you possible identify the materials used?

George

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
George,

All of the pens in the box except a couple have been posted here over the last year. The ones that have not been posted will be, I just don't want to have too many active topics in the SOYP at one time. Anyway, here is the list of pens from left to right:

Cast Mescalbean Root Burl Majestic*
Cast Maple Burl Cigar
Escarpment Black Cherry Cigar
Cast Capul Negro Cigar
Cast Algarita Root Churchill
Cast Algarita Root El Grande
Mescalbean Burl Jr. Gent
Grape Prickly Pear Cactus Sierra
Texas Bluebonnet Sierra
Spanish Oak Burl Sierra*
Cast Mescalbean Root Sierra
Spanish Oak Burl Sierra*

The ones with the * will be shown at a future date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom