Serendipity

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

This design is derived from my Syzygy design. It was supposed to go into a Jr. Gent. However while drilling the upper blank the wood split from heat I think. I have not had that happen before, but I've not worked with Grenadilla before. Fortunately I am in the habit of drilling the shorter upper barrel first, so I took the lower barrel, recut it to size and drilled it for an Elegant Beauty.

Lou suggested the name Serendipity. One of those words you think you know the meaning of :rolleyes: I looked it up in Wiki. "Serendipity is the effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate, especially while looking for something else entirely. The word has been voted as one of the ten English words that were hardest to translate in June 2004 by a British translation company."

Given the circumstances I thought it was quite appropriate :)

Your comments/critiques are welcome. Thanks for looking.

1_EB-BP-TB-0001.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Great recovery, Keith!!

However, as I see this, I REALLY like your idea of keeping the pattern on each barrel, without a "merge point" at the centerband. VERY good thinking!!!

toolcrazy

I've always call that:

Screwing up in reverse!

Meaning; You screw something up, but it works out better than the original thought.

Looks very nice on that kit. You have a nice pen.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well Keith, I've already said so, but just incase you didn't hear, I REALLY like that pen. Excellent precision. :biggrin:

I would love to have seen a progress pic of that blank, so I could try and figure it out. :eek:

Go for Number 4..............

bitshird

Gosh Keith, you make me feel so inadequate, That is a great way to accidentally find something you weren't looking for, I'm with skiprat I'd like to get an idea of where to start.

Top Bottom