Seminole Winds

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Don Rabchenuk

Don Rabchenuk

As the title says Seminole Winds blank from "Slabs, Blanks and More" on a Cambridge
_DSC0339.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Don Rabchenuk

This was my first. A European done in purple heart, heated with a hot air gun prior to finishing with about 10 coats of super fast medium and m.m. to 12000.
View attachment 138871
That's a great idea about using the heat gun. I've never thought of that.

I use it to bring the purple color back and don't have to worry about getting the flame too close and charring the wood.

SDB777

This was my first. A European done in purple heart, heated with a hot air gun prior to finishing with about 10 coats of super fast medium and m.m. to 12000.
View attachment 138871

I use it to bring the purple color back and don't have to worry about getting the flame too close and charring the wood.

Does that color remain, and if so....for how long after the heat gun 'treatment'? If it's a 'lasting' treatment, I'm going to have to buy a heat gun!

For not having been turning for years, you sure are off to a great start! Keep them coming!!!

Scott (where'd that PurpleHeart go) B

Don Rabchenuk

View attachment 138871

Does that color remain, and if so....for how long after the heat gun 'treatment'? If it's a 'lasting' treatment, I'm going to have to buy a heat gun!

For not having been turning for years, you sure are off to a great start! Keep them coming!!!

Scott (where'd that PurpleHeart go) B
The color has not faded in two months.

Top Bottom