Is selling pens allowed on here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Wce274

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glenspens

Sometimes you see some kit less very high end on here foe sale. I for one don't make kit less pen but for the most part everyone on here makes there on from kits. List them you never know .

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Cody.

Some IAP members list a website in their profile for items they are selling as a business. And while you could probably list pens for sale in the "Marketplace - For Sale" forum, I suspect that as most members are penturners, it will need to be a pretty special pen to gain much interest.

So, a simple answer, generally not. Members are more interested in improving their skills and sharing their knowledge. And, as is going on now in a separate thread, we like to exchange pens in trades.

Having said that, I have purchased at times pens from turners that I admire, through their websites, or private PM's.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Well I have never seen any for sale on here that's why I asked

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

I would surmise that most people here are sellers, not buyers. A great many on this forum sell in stores, at fairs, and online at their own web sites. You would not be selling to them.

You could ask Jeff and there is a vendor section and market place. Be aware that the primary purpose here is to assist pen turners in the art of making pens. And if yours is exceptional and original, others will copy. Some of us don't mind and some do not put their original designs here due to copying. You will probably find a better audience in public places than here, as people here can buy the parts and make it for themselves without having to pay you for your time. I am not trying to be rude but I do want to let you know the reality of it. That is probably the reason no one sells here.

As Mark James said, there have been pens sold through this forum, but it is usually a private matter through a Private Message (PM) - i.e. more of a private request from a buyer than a seller.

Last edited:

leehljp

Member Liaison
I will admit that you are very observant! :) I never thought of that question for this forum! It is usually the observant ones who do well! It might take them a time or two but they will find a way!

Lucky2

If not, I would like to know why? After all, this is a pen turning site, it's strange to not offer pens for sale.There's always people on this site that are just observers or visitors, they might be interested in any pens offered for sale.
Len

robutacion

If not, I would like to know why? After all, this is a pen turning site, it's strange to not offer pens for sale.There's always people on this site that are just observers or visitors, they might be interested in any pens offered for sale.
Len

There is, in fact, correct, I've seen many folks here that don't even turn, some turn but never made pens however, they like pens and some are indeed pen collectors, this would be enough reason for them to join a forum such as IAP looking for handmade pens that they may like and therefore be willing to buy so, your question is quite pertinent/applicable, I'm not sure of what the correct answer would be but I would expect that Jeff (IAP boss) would allow it without any issues.

Now, if you are inquiring and you have in mind a regular sale place for your pens then, I can tell you that IAP would not be the right place for that, eBay, Amazon, Etsy and other are more suitable.

Cheers
George

Top Bottom