Selection of Zig Zags

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

workinforwood

Here's a selection of Zig Zags I've been playing with. I had leftover pieces from the completed cigar and the almost finished cigar that's still on the mandrel curing. I put the leftovers together and made the tubes for the unassembled Euro that I'm waiting for parts for. The cigar would look better in a black titanium, but didn't have one and lost the patience to get one. Either way, they are fun to make and interesting to look at. My photo skills are improving too...guess that little button on the side changes how the camera focuses ;) It was for some reason focusing on the background instead of the foreground. Now I just need to learn to steady my hands.

2007105103035_blanket%20012.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

Very creative! They look great. Another idea of something to try one day, I wish people would stop doing that to me! I'm going to have to quit my job so I can stay in the shop all day...

GaryMGg

Jeff,
You're having way too much fun! [:p][:eek:)]
Seriously, I'm really happy to see the road you've taken creating blanks and
posting things as you experiment. My sincere commendations. [8D][;)]

workinforwood

My wife bought me some business cards. I walked downtown after going to the bank..pretty small town. Sold 12 pens, got 8 orders and a bunch of business cards out there, just from poking my head in doors for an hour. Quickest $300 I ever made! I'm not telling the governor, I'm just re-investing it at CSUSA.[:D]

rd_ab_penman

Jeff,

Very creative! Fantastic looking work!!
20071061056_Bravo.gif
<br />
Did you have any plans to do a Tutorial on how you do this or were you going to keep us woundering in amazement for a while?[;)]

workinforwood

We discussed the how to process earlier. It's very simple and gives interesting results. I'd be interested in seeing what you guys/gals come up with. http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28371

mikegibs

Beautiful work! Some of my more popular pens have been to use the same work segmented at different angles to the grain to create different patterns. Works especially well with woods that have strong grain patterns.

Mike G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom