Selection for Charity Auction

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KDM

KDM

Stone me, I haven't been on here in ages! Must be 3 or 4 years since I made a pen!
My eldest son is off to Nepal at the end of the year to get to Everest base camp. I've made a bunch of pens to raffle. Hope you like 'em!

We have a walnut, a nice piece of heartwood interface, but what wood it is, I can't recall, a handmade pink polyester and a patchwork insert slimline with soft grip.

Will be raffling at our 12-hour karatethon. Feel free to enter the raffle or sponsor us!! https://www.facebook.com/GetMatthieu2Nepal2018/

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF6314.jpg
    DSCF6314.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCF6315.jpg
    DSCF6315.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 228
  • DSCF6317.jpg
    DSCF6317.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCF6318.jpg
    DSCF6318.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1080Wayne

Hi Ken

Very nice pens . Good luck on the auction . I believe the second pen is made from caragana that I sent you in 2012 . In April 2012 you posted a picture of a pen made from Karanda , which I suspect might be a local name in some language in the region where caragana is native , which may include parts of Nepal .

Reactions: KDM

CREID

They are all nice, but that first one in walnut with the satiny finish on it is wonderful. Great work.

Reactions: KDM

KDM

I believe the second pen is made from caragana that I sent you in 2012 .

You know, I think you're right!! It's nicely seasoned...!

In April 2012 you posted a picture of a pen made from Karanda , which I suspect might be a local name in some language in the region where caragana is native , which may include parts of Nepal .

Tell me more. This is relevant!

KDM

They are all nice, but that first one in walnut with the satiny finish on it is wonderful. Great work.

The photo recompressed on upload. The actual pen shows a lot more burly definition. This one wasn't polished. I just put some Linseed oil.

Thanks!

Top Bottom