Segmented Wooden Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gilrock

Gilrock

I got interested in trying to make a segmented wooden pen following a tutorial from the pen maker's guild. I ended up making the 3 pens shown below. The two Wall Street II pens were originally intended to be the top and bottom of a Jr Gent II but after glueing and sanding I was worried about the thickness with the larger drill bits so I decided to make each piece into a seperate pen.

The Jr. Gent II segmented pen started out with 4 wooden blanks glued together lenghwise. Then after doing a diagonal cut I realized I couldn't flip it like I was imagining so I glued it together in sorta a diamond shape and then cutoff the furthest edges and flipped them over and glued them back to the lower side...then added a couple ebony slices to the cap. It's not as perfect as I'd like but I'm really happy with the results.

Now I need to find out how to attach the photos as thumbnails like everyone else.

Thanks for looking,
Gil Jones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

They look great. Lloks like you lined things up well. And they take you further down the rabbit hole.

hilltopper46

Great looking pens. Very nice segmenting with minimum of 'lines' showing.

When creating your post, click on 'Manage Attachments'. Use the resulting pop-up to load your photos instead of loading them to the Photos Upload and copying the URL.

Gilrock

Great looking pens. Very nice segmenting with minimum of 'lines' showing.

When creating your post, click on 'Manage Attachments'. Use the resulting pop-up to load your photos instead of loading them to the Photos Upload and copying the URL.

Hey thanks for the info. I did see the Manage Attachments button when creating the posts but had already done the uploads manually.

BSea

Very nice. I really like the jr gent II. I think the ebony accents the other wood perfectly.

EDIT: Did you turn the white finial cap? I've never seen a white one before.

Gilrock

Did you turn the white finial cap? I've never seen a white one before.

It's the original aluminum hardware cap. I thought the same thing when I saw my own photo...I had to double check the pen. I was using a brand new light tent so it must be the white reflecting off the aluminum. I could do a better job on the photos in the future...I was really tired after making the pen. The backdrop still had wrinkles in it from unpacking it.

Top Bottom