segmented SOW

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lane223

Status
Not open for further replies.

lane223

After seeing some examples here, or in other words copying, I tried my hand at herringbone segmented pattern. Wood is Spanish Olive Wood (SOW) with Wenge laminated to it with CA. Kit is the El Grande ball point. I then used Epoxy with black dye to give me more time to assemble.

2008120155340_IMG_1423_edited.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jwoodwright

Beautiful pen. Great design.

Lane, I was a USAF Firefighter stationed at Torrejon AB in the early 70's. Alcala was a pleasant litte ride. I remember all the Olive Trees...

RollTide

I like the wenge sandwhiched in there. Been wanting to do some segmenting myself but I'm waiting on my PH vise.[;)]

Nice work on the pen.

lane223

John,

A lot of those Olive trees are gone, making way for new houses. I'm looking into a supplier for the wood. When I was working up in Pamplona, the Christmas market was still going on. One of the booths was filled with olive wood products. I struck up a conversation with the guy, and promised him I'd send him a pen. Now they want to talk to me about...?? Who knows maybe a new customer or wholesale or maybe just a good source for olive wood burls. time will tell.
I was station at Torrejon from 84 to 91. Retired from the AF and moved back. I think you would be surprised on how much Spain in general has changed.

Tom,

I know what you mean about wenge being hard to work with, but with sheets about 1/16" and soaked in CA it didn't give me any problems.

Rolltide,

The PH vise is worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom