Segmented Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Czarcastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czarcastic

Hello. I'm New to this forum.
Been turning for about two years, strictly as a hobby. Never want to sell anything (then it becomes work). Most of the stuff I make is for gifts for friends and family. Turning is an "aside" to my woodworking hobby. I know that may be heresy to some, but as long as I can be around some sawdust, I enjoy it. And pen turning is something that I can do with my kids (2 teenagers) who are both accomplished pen makers in their own right.
This is a segmented rosewood and maple pen made as part of a gift set for my MIL. Its designed to go into a "game box" made of the same woods, which also contain a dice cup (turned from elm) and two decks of cards, some dice, and scorecards.
200562215566_segPen_close.jpg

Didn't mean to ramble on. Just thought an introduction might be in order.

Thanks for looking.

-Czarcastic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Thanks for showing us the wonderful set. I'm sure your MIL will be thrilled with it. Also, welcome to the forum, we'll look forward to more pics of your work and also some from your children. It is so great that we can share our love of wood working and turning with our children and grandchildren. They will thank you as they get older and raise families of their own!

Fleabit

Very nicely done! I usually don't like the "wavy" look to pens, but with the segments it is very pleasing to look at. Outstanding job on the pen and box set. Welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom