Segmented Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from toyotaman

toyotaman

This is a Chrome slimline. The wood is Sycamore and Walnut. The blank took about 2 days to make but turned out quite well. It's finished with 8 coats of CA.

Attachments

• Segmented slimline 001.JPG
    Segmented slimline 001.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 265
  • Segmented slimline 003.JPG
    Segmented slimline 003.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 219
  • Segmented slimline 004.JPG
    Segmented slimline 004.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 173
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

It is an interesting design. Can you explain the making of it somewhat??/ Are we looking at a Celtic Knot at extreme angles???

toyotaman

It is an interesting design. Can you explain the making of it somewhat??/ Are we looking at a Celtic Knot at extreme angles???

I found the center of the blank (It started out 3/4 x 5) 2 1/2" and the center thickness @ 3/8". I then measured 1/8" from each end. I drawed a line from there to the other line on the other end (not crossing the center line). Bandsaw from one end to the other. I used Titebond II to glue in a thin piece of walnut. Once dried do the other side the same way working your way around the entire piece. Once finished you should have like a long "Bowed" X all the way down the blank on all four sides. I cut the blank in half at the center using a bandsaw. Drill and turn. It's not hard, it's just time consuming waiting on the glue to dry.

Top Bottom