• Slimline-redheart & maple

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • canary & blackwood

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Sierra-blackwood & redheart

Votes: 25 48.1%

• Total voters

neubee

This is my first post of pictures. The wood used includes blackwood, canary, redheart, maple. The slimline version reminds me of Target's logo.

Attachments

• Steve Neubauer's pens.jpg
    Steve Neubauer's pens.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,041
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sberger

Neubee, now explain to us laymen how you did the segmenting. The circle segmenting is much different than just sloting a blank and inserting a sliver with some glue. Share your secret!!! Thanks.
Steve

alphageek

Former Moderator
Neubee, now explain to us laymen how you did the segmenting. The circle segmenting is much different than just sloting a blank and inserting a sliver with some glue. Share your secret!!! Thanks.
Steve

Steve.... Welcome to the magic of round! ;) I believe that neubee (Is that a play on spelling? what happens when a neubee isn't a newbe anymore?) has shown you everything you need to see...

The angled segments (like the left) pen become round on the sides :) A straight line turns round when put on an angle - blows the mind a bit till you get used to it... Look up the instructions for celtic cross ... same effect here, just instead of a sliver, the piece is solid between the angles!

neubee

segmented pen

Attached are a few pictures showing how I made the segmented blanks

Attachments

• IMG_0530.jpg
    IMG_0530.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 447
Top Bottom