Segmented Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

My first attempt at a segemented pen. Used holly and blackwood for a customer that wanted "ebony and ivory". CA finish, after I got all the glue off my fingers from these tiny little segements.

Comments/suggestions more than welcome. Regards,

Rob

2006711417_segmented.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rob

Thank you all for your kind words. The kit is a Classic rollerball with black fittings from PSI (via Fritz and Ryan at Woodturninz). The two blanks (black and white) were cut down on my bandsaw with the table at 45 degrees. The blanks were cut into 8 triangles about 3/16" to 1/4" and then glued up two at a time until I reached a blank size suitable for drilling and turning. Since I had what amounted to 2 blanks/their parts, I learned that I didn't have enough dexterity wearing gloves to glue these segements together. The first blank looked like I glued it up in the dark! My second glue up is what you see. Johnathan, I've tried getting some of the "yellow" out of the photo. Hope the one I attached is a bit better. After seeing your work (and others on this site), I'm humbled and greatful for your comments and suggestions.
Regards,
Rob

200671142411_segmented.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom