Segmented Panache

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jyreene

jyreene

This was my first Panache. I like the kit. It's big though so drilling was a chore. I hand sawed the segments and epoxied them in. It's Bolivian Rose Wood with Marble Wood on the cap and Masur Birch Burl on the base. The glue had some gaps so I filled them with bronze pearl ex and ca. Sanded through 600, used walnut oil through the MM and finished with 8 coats of Doctors. Been finished fir a while but just didn't feel like posting pens recently. C&C welcome.

image-3717773605.jpg

image-3739117227.jpg

image-3745140799.jpg

image-4136205652.jpg

image-137896482.jpg

image-1350489186.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jyreene

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hi Ty; I have an elderly Ontario Judge friend who can't get enough of the Panache pen. He orders them in Crotch Walnut that I have a supply of. 6 so far, he gives them to his judge friends.

Any of my segmenting has been straight cuts, although I do like your angle segments. I'm storing that idea for future segmenting. Hope I can find it when I come to do it!:laugh:

Black Chrome hardware, I presume?

Last edited:

jyreene

Hi Ty; I have an elderly Ontario Judge friend who can't get enough of the Panache pen. He orders them in Crotch Walnut that I have a supply of. 6 so far, he gives them to his judge friends.

Any of my segmenting has been straight cuts, although I do like your angle segments. I'm storing that idea for future segmenting. Hope I can find it when I come to do it!:laugh:

Black Chrome hardware, I presume?

This was my first and I think it got me at least one sale. I just have to make sure I can swap out a fountain nib for the rollerball.

It was a 45 degree cut using one of those cheap stanley plastic miter boxes. It is the Black Chrome hardware.

Very nice looking pen!

Thank you.

Top Bottom