Segmented mixture

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

I designed this as a mixture between Resin and wood segment after the original cap cracked during drilling. I used scraps to make this. The black bands are African Black wood, the center is Cocobolo. This actually looks a lot better with the top on since the resin swirls line up. I'll have to take a couple more pictures. This is my first segment so I'm happy with it more or less. The resin blank was from exotics:biggrin:

5249467076_87a5b5545d_z.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

That is a good looking accident, Tim. Maybe you should blow out more blanks, huh? Just kidding. It does look real good. Keep up the good work.
Charles

wiset1

:biggrin: Thanks Charles! This did get the creative process going for an idea for another pen so who knows where it will take me. I'm sure it's all been done before, but it will be a first for me. Thank you again for the feedback:handshake:

Another good looking pen!!
Love the cocobolo centre band!

Would it be possible to post a pic of the capped pen?
Does the lower barrel match the acrylic in the cap?
Seems to be overexposed from too much flash.

What kit did you use for this pen?
I quite like the detail work on it.

Andrew

MartinPens

mix it up

Love the cap! Would love to see the pattern repeated on the barrel. This is a classic case of turning a problem into a creative piece. Perhaps a slightly longer piece of cocobolo on the barrel with the other pieces reversed? Very nice save.

Martin

wiset1

Here's some details for Andrew

I'll post some images tomorrow of the pen together (10pm here in Germany)-
The acrylic does match between the cap and the barrel-
Majestic Jr. Kit used-
4 coats of thick CA to finish-

It looks overexposed however, the acrylic actually has that bright streak in it and it seem to glow with every image I took so I used this image. Perhaps the images later with the cap on it will look better.

Thank you for the feedback as well Martin!

robutacion

Yeah, I also like the way it turned out, a little imagination can do wonders...!:wink:

One other thing that I like is the way the pics are framed within one frame, what did you use to do this...???

Cheers
George

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the info.
Apparently my computer screen at work is no good!
Looking at the image on my Mac at home it does look a lot better!

I will have to see if we can get that kit here in Canada.
It is a beautiful pen!

Andrew

wiset1

Andrew, these kits are sold through PSI so I'm sure they can work something out with you if you asked them. The only thing I don't like about the kit itself is that the clip is an individual part so when you put the pen cap together it shows a bit of separation between the blank and the top components. The full sized Majestic and the Broadwell Nouveau Sceptre have solid cap fittings and offer a snug fit between the kit and the hardware:rolleyes:

Hope that helps

wiset1

Ok, so here's the picture of the pen together. I had to take a quick shot of it since there were people looking to buy it today...didn't sell, but I took the picture since I owed it to the forum:)

1_WiseResinWoodMix2.jpg

wizard

I think the pen is unique and elegant looking. I liked the way you combined Dawn's PR's with other materials. A very creative save! Regards, Doc

wiset1

Thanks Doc, now if I can get all the saves to look like this life would be good. I have a basket FULL of blanks that are more or less trash from when I was first learning. Oh well...

Thank you for the feedback!

Top Bottom