Segmented Metal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Tried another Segment with Aluminum and Danish Bog Oak from Neil (wolftat) I used a two-tone Chrome Elagant Beauty Sierra kit . I think I got a little better with my scrollsaw this time . :redface: Comments appreciated . Thanks for looking !

Attachments

• IMG_0453.JPG
    IMG_0453.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0454.JPG
    IMG_0454.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 222
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, great looking pen, what kind of glue/clamps did you use ???

Dave
Thanks Dave ! I used medium CA because I don't have thick (yet) . Makes it kind of messy but fun trying not to get fingers stuck to things . :biggrin: I used a small C-clamp , adding to the fun . I should be using a vice lined with wax paper , and I have one now . Will get some wax paper and do the next one the right way .

philb

Much neater, and the intersecting lines are much closer! Can I ask what size blade you use? As I'm amazed how thin compare to some of Hegner blades!

Nice work!
Phil

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks all !

Phil , I am using Delta blades # 40-670 , the width is .045 thickness .018 and 12/8 TPI . Thank you for your compliment .

Rollerbob

Whazup with all this segmenting, Chuck?:confused: You keep this up and we are going to have to get you a booking agent!!:wink: Great work, Dude!!:cool:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice looking pen. I love the contrast with the Aluminum. Dude, you are on a serious pen making roll. keep it up!!
Thanks Cris . I looked at all these segmented metal pens others were posting , wishing I could do that . Now , I can ! :biggrin:

Thanks Bob ! No need for a booking agent YET ! :biggrin:

VisExp

Chuck, that looks great. I saw the first one you did and the joints were off just a smidgen. Looks like you nailed it second time around. Well done!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, that looks great. I saw the first one you did and the joints were off just a smidgen. Looks like you nailed it second time around. Well done!
Thanks Keith , I did get them a little closer this time . Next time I'll use a vice and thick CA . Should be even closer . Thanks for the inspiration too.

djwood1

Chuck,

Another fine segmenting job indeed! The joints are getting better. Keep up the great work!

See you later,
Dave

Top Bottom