Segmented-Laminated Sierra Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ravenbsp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenbsp

Just for fun. I ended up with a ton of quarter inch square blanks, I put together a sierra pen using Purpleheart and Bocote. The thin horizontal lamination is done in waste african blackwood from a prior cutting.

I'm loving the pens I'm seeing from everyone else. Keep up the good work all!

20062234408_sierra_segmented.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Bryan: I like the pen but would suggest, if you do another one, that the segments be a hair thicker so you are not left with the thin segment at the top. It's not that hard to do and if you end up a bit too long you can split the difference and mill a bit off the top and bottom or you can sand a tiny bit off of each segment before glue-up. It does take a little extra time; but the result is worth it in my view.[^]

Ravenbsp

Point very well taken, Randy. I'm ashamed that I had not thought about it before gluing the pen and tube together. I suppose I need to get my prescription of "Damnitol" re-filled [:I] .

Thanks for the critique!

Thumbs

Randy has a valid point Bryan but you shouldn't be having to take any "Damnitol!" Remember this is supposed to be for fun and relaxation..........[:p]

Ravenbsp

Oh, I'm not taking anything too seriously. It was a lot of fun to make and a good learning experience. I'm sure I will be posting some other ideas that occured to me while making this one [:)][:)][:p][:)][:)]

Ron Mc

Bryan,
Nice job on the glue up. Keeping everything even is a tough thing to do. I have found myself standing there looking at a segmented blank that I just sprayed accelerate on and thought to myself, "I did it again!", "Why didn't I check each side of the blank?". I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom