Segmented JR Retro X 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

The first pen is a closed end pen I made in January. The second pen is one I made for a good buyer of mine who`s husband is getting a new job and she wanted a pen that was post-able but looked like the one I had made awhile ago. The woods are Logwood and Maple burl with copper rods and guitar picks for the scallops. The finish is CA 10 coats or so sanded and sanded again through all the micro mesh pads and polished with Novus heavy and light.
Thanks for looking
Brian Kort

IMG_8231.JPG

IMG_8230.JPG

IMG_8755.JPG

IMG_8756.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bowl Slinger

That is an AWESOME pen. I have made several segmented pens and have not thought of the filled round holes, I believe that I will add those to the next one that I do. Thanks for the inspiration.

TerryDowning

Really nice segmenting work there.

Any chance we can see an end shot of the closed end scalloping? Just curious as to what it looks like on the very end.

This is the end of the closed end pen. It could have been covered with a piece of maple but I elected to leave it, so the guitar pics would show wrapping around. In the center where they cross, I drilled a shallow hole and filled with mica powder and CA.
IMG_8233.JPG

TerryDowning

Thanks,

I really like that a lot. Nice touch with the mica dot, it really finishes it off. Like a period at the end of a sentence. It just make sense.

Really Nice Job.

Top Bottom