Segmented Jr. Gents II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stevers

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevers

Here is a segmented Jr. Gent II I finished today. This one is Maple and Purple Heart. My week point with the Jr. Gent is the end milling. I need to pick up a pen mill large enough to mill the larger pens.
Thanks for looking.

2007196169_gent%20seg1.jpg

20071961634_gent%20seg%202.jpg

20071961654_gent%20seg%203.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

twoofakind

Try and make a sleeve. Take some scrap wood and drill it out to put in a spare 7mm tube and turn it to the i.d. of the larger tube. Nice execution on the segments by the way.
Andy

Ron Mc

Nicely done Steve!

That looks like a JGII. It's just a JGII before they changed the nib.

stevers

Thanks Ron. I'll let you know when something new happens. It will probably be something different, maybe very different. I've got some thinking to do.

BigRob777

Steve,
I thought I had posted on this one already, but here goes. I love the laminations, very classy. My friend Joe uses sleeves, that go over top of the mill. I think he just turned tubed blanks down to size. It works great, but it takes some time to get it right, I'm sure. They pick up a patina fast too.
Rob

Skye

Nice, very Gisiesque.

Looks like a little bit of air between the nib and blank. You may be able to remove the refil and press that out.

stevers

Hey Rob,
I believe you did reply once before. I took a couple of picks of the spacers I made to see if it's the same thing you're talking about.

200711104747_mill%20spacers600px.jpg
<br />

The problem I have is the pen mill "cutter head". It's only a 1/2" cutter and I haven't gotten around to picking up a larger cutter head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom