Segmented Jr. Aaron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Carl Fisher

Carl Fisher

Yes I still make kit pens from time to time :biggrin:

This is a Jr. Aaron in rhodium and black titanium. This is my first go with this kit and it really just turns and assembles just like any other Jr. series kit. A little more attention seems to have been paid to the castings as they are pretty clean and the nose cone has a slight concave shape which sets it apart from the other Jr. kits. Bottom line is they seem to be worth the selling price from what I can tell. The only thing I didn't understand was that they claim to be a slip fit on the components but they were definitely press fit.

Just watch for the upper cap piece. It's pretty sharp and ran a good inch long slice down one of my fingers while I was giving it a little twist before pressing in place.

The material is just some scrap of blue and white alumilite and white/black/white pick guard paired up with redwood lace burl.

Attachments

• IMG_7705_lzn.jpg
    IMG_7705_lzn.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_7708_lzn.jpg
    IMG_7708_lzn.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_7710_lzn.jpg
    IMG_7710_lzn.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_7712_lzn.jpg
    IMG_7712_lzn.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_7714_lzn.jpg
    IMG_7714_lzn.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_7715_lzn.jpg
    IMG_7715_lzn.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 222
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jondavidj

Wow, Carl, That is awesome! I love that pen!

The Jr George in Antique Silver is the slip fit one....those are press. Those are my favorites! well I have many favorites!

Absolutely stunning pen!

Carl Fisher

Hey Jon, why the choice of making the antique silver a slip fit but not the antique brass?

I picked up a couple of each and haven't assembled them yet.

Top Bottom