Segmented HRB and Alternate Ivory

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Planned this last night. Made it early this A.M. It's an Alternate Ivory top with the lower in segmented Honduras Rosewood Burl and Alternate Ivory. Had fun making it. It's on a Rhodium and 22k Gold plated Majestic Junior Fountain Pen. Hope you like it. Have a great weekend and thanks for looking! Doc:)

Attachments

• Alternate Ivory and Honduras Rosewood Burl Segmented.jpg
    Alternate Ivory and Honduras Rosewood Burl Segmented.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 183
  • Alternate Ivory and Honduras Rosewood Burl Segmented_1.jpg
    Alternate Ivory and Honduras Rosewood Burl Segmented_1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Alternate Ivory and Honduras Rosewood Burl Segmented_2.jpg
    Alternate Ivory and Honduras Rosewood Burl Segmented_2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 165
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Terry, Thank you..I know it's a fairly rudimentary segmenting project but I have to start somewhere. I got a hand held miter saw and box yesterday to start with 45 degree angles. It's a process:). Regards, Doc

wiset1

Really great choice with this one, and those are some pretty clean looking segments! Keep them coming

wiset1

Terry, Thank you..I know it's a fairly rudimentary segmenting project but I have to start somewhere. I got a hand held miter saw and box yesterday to start with 45 degree angles. It's a process:). Regards, Doc

Now that's what I'm talking about, let the fun begin:biggrin:

alphageek

Former Moderator

You may look at it as rudimentary, but that type of segmenting is very classy, especially if you can keep them as clean as yours are.

wizard

Now that's what I'm talking about, let the fun begin:biggrin:

Tim, I'm really getting into this! Starting to draw designs and thinking about various materials to use as accents...definitely not bored anymore:biggrin:. Regards, Doc

wizard

You may look at it as rudimentary, but that type of segmenting is very classy, especially if you can keep them as clean as yours are.

Thank you, I did my best to keep everything sharp at the edges of the junctions. Regards, Doc

David Keller

It's a sharp looking pen, but I think you're crazy for doing it by hand! Power tools! Power tools! Power tools!

el_d

Looks good Doc. Nice choice of materials.......

I'll do it by hand, my dad says it builds character.........he always says Im a character.....:biggrin:

wizard

Lupe, Thanks for the kind words. I got the type of miter box and saw that I think you recommended. Now I just have to try it out :). Regards, Doc

Top Bottom