Segmented George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sprung

Sprung

First one after a shoulder injury has kept me out of the shop for a few weeks! Shoulder isn't 100%, but it was feeling good enough yesterday to finish up a few pens I'd been working on.

This is a Gisi-style segmented blank that was made by Jerry Bailey.
The materials in the blank are Thuya Burl, Roble Burl, Wenge, and plastic segmenting sheets.
Components are a George Fountain Pen in Antique Silver. Nib upgraded to a Bock Fine.
Satin CA finish, topped with Renaissance Wax.

Some extra care needed to be taken when working with this blank - can't the the drill bit get even too warm as it will melt or soften the plastic, gotta make sure you're drilling straight, and getting it all even while turning a blank with vastly different densities next to each other in the same blank. I had fun turning this one and it's going in my personal collection. It'll be a user too and I can't wait to ink it up later today.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skondo

First one after a shoulder injury has kept me out of the shop for a few weeks! Shoulder isn't 100%, but it was feeling good enough yesterday to finish up a few pens I'd been working on.

This is a Gisi-style segmented blank that was made by Jerry Bailey.
The materials in the blank are Thuya Burl, Roble Burl, Wenge, and plastic segmenting sheets.
Components are a George Fountain Pen in Antique Silver. Nib upgraded to a Bock Fine.
Satin CA finish, topped with Renaissance Wax.

Some extra care needed to be taken when working with this blank - can't the the drill bit get even too warm as it will melt or soften the plastic, gotta make sure you're drilling straight, and getting it all even while turning a blank with vastly different densities next to each other in the same blank. I had fun turning this one and it's going in my personal collection. It'll be a user too and I can't wait to ink it up later today.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Great looking pen Matt

Top Bottom