Segmented Four Wood Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from renowb

renowb

Just a little something I threw together from scraps. Maple, Walnut, Cedar and Cocobolo. Whatcha think?

Attachments

• IMG_5261.JPG
    IMG_5261.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_5259.JPG
    IMG_5259.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 252
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Threw together. Right. That is like really superior work. Gotta have at least 10 hours in it, right?
(that's a trick Q to get you to reveal your secrets)
I REALLY like that pen!

Kd5nay

That looks great! Did you glue the woods together in one long piece and then slice it into segments and slightly rotate each layer? I've been wanting to try this lately. I've never done anything segmented (on purpose, at least)

Kd5nay

Ted iin Michigan said:
Threw together. Right. That is like really superior work. Gotta have at least 10 hours in it, right?
I REALLY like that pen!

Wait wait wait.... You're in Michigan and you say 'go buckeyes'??? I think someone hacked your account and changed your signature line :)

renowb

Well...yes it did take a while. I actually got the idea from a Barry Gross book. Just glued up four sections, drilled a hole, sliced them about 1/8" and turned each one slightly as I glued. Not bad for a first try.

I REALLY like that pen!

ToddMR

I am diggin it. I think that design turned out really well. And your first attempt? WOW! My first attempt wouldn't be nearly close to something like that. Nicely done.

Top Bottom